Saturday, February 26, 2011

Retreat

Just spent the most fabulous 5 days on a quilting retreat with 3 of my very best friends.  We stayed at the 1890 House in Cedar Hill, TX.  A great 2 story 100 year old house with all the amenities.  We had the whole house to ourselves!  Plus, within walking distance, a totally outfitted sewing cottage.  Cutting tables, irons, design walls, microwave, ice box, bathroom - what more could a quilter need?? Oh yea, a vintage 1951 Singer Featherweight!!  That's right, I snapped up the cutest little sewing machine I've ever seen.  I'm in love! 

Plus there was a brand new quilt shop within walking distance, Corner Square Quilts.  Thanks Rhonda for all your help and recommendations.  You are awesome!

All in all, a great time was had by all.  I even got 3 projects finished.  I promise pics once they're quilted.   More later, Amy

1 comment:

  1. Your retreat sounds wonderful Amy. Will look forward to seeing pics of you finished quilts.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete